Blog 4: Comedy
Watching these short comedy films was fun
and enjoyable. After watching them I had some clear favorites and I of course
absolutely hated “Time for Sushi”. Most of these were great and had good
punchlines and stories to tell.
My favorite film of the bunch was a
little difficult to pick until I saw “Fear of Flying”. This film completely won
me over not because of the short film's fantastic use of a “dad joke” as the
main punch line, but because of its film style. Its miniatures were very
appealing to me as I grew up watching the original Thomas the Tank Engine
series which used this style to make up multiple scenes and different
characters to tell great stories from a “realistic” point of view.
I think I picked this one over the
others mainly because of the style it has chosen, but to be honest, the other
films felt cheap and tacky at times. Fired on Mars was my second favorite
because I think anyone can relate and it only made me second as I preferred
fear of flying more.
Tale of Momentum was my third
favorite as it uses its minutes to tell a great visual story about not seeing
the whole picture and perception is different for everyone. The only reason it’s here is because of how
short it was but it did the best job with what it provided. That’s why I also think
Napoleon's ticket is fourth because its striaghtforward, Darrel is fifth only
because I related to it so much. Deuspi animation choice hadn’t sat well with
me placing it in the back and the story wasn’t that funny. And I absolutely despised
time for sushi. It had no story and was just a bunch of nonsense.
Overall, most of these films were done nicely to invoke
humor in some way or another and I applaud the animators for the effort they
put in.
Comments
Post a Comment